Saturday, May 30, 2009

Amber stole my rat tail thunder

I was going to write about how much pleasure it brings me to see people break concrete with their heads and kick skewered apples off of swords, but Amber beat me to it. I will say that seeing thirteen year olds whipping around bowstaffs and daggers makes me feel inadequate in several ways. Don't get me wrong--it brings me much pleasure--but I'm also reminded that I have no skills in my skill set. I am in, what, 19th grade, and working on my writing, which is something I learned how to do circa third grade. I wrote an awesome and sexy story about how tulips came to be known as tulips in the third grade. I'm not so much beyond that now. (This is probably obvious.)

And so. I am speculating on the appropriate cut off time for Things That Are Funny (...To Me).

I have vowed several times to stop buying things because they are funny when I hit 25 (twenty-five. I spelled it out for you, A.N.). However, I just found out that my parents' insurance, which is something like 34343 times better than my insurance, covers me until I'm 26. I'm thinking about extending my funny things deadline until I reach 26, as well. I suppose there isn't so much difference between a girl who is 25 wearing earrings made out of scrabble pieces, a tanuki shirt sweatshirt, and carrying a tote with a pokemon and it, and a girl who is 26 and doing these things. However, I'm not sure this would work if I was 65. But, see, in my mind, wearing a yoshi shirt only gets better with age. Conundrum!

In any case, I will never not think a road sign that says "Speed Hump" on it is funny.

I also just realized that I said VD and MR were an excellent "paring" instead of "pairing." This was an accident. But a happy one!

No comments:

Post a Comment