Saturday, August 15, 2009

Oh. It's Just Brian.

I was thinking about how fantastic it would be if every time I walked into a room people would say, "Oh. It's just Amanda." This happens to poor Brian Krakow in My So Called Life, except, you know, they say Brian instead of Amanda. Poor Brian cannot compete with the one and only Jordan Catalano, even though Jordan cannot read (!) and occasionally wears eyeliner and contracts gout. I think I am confusing Jordan with Jared Leto in real life and I don't even know if contract is the right word for what happens when you get gout, but the point is still the same: Angela thinks her life is, like, so, HARD, and she's always sprawling out on her bed in an angsty fashion, but really she is is stealing Brian's thunder. He is the real hero of MSCL. And he has sweet hair.

I wonder if referees and umpires have low self esteem because they face a constant barrage of insults. But then I think about how I feel like I know referees/umpires from professional sports without really even knowing any of them. In my mind they are all in their fifties and either wiry or with a growing beer belly and all are pretty much balding. They are also all making the strike sign in unison and it looks like a sweet dance. And they are all making the same bad joke in response to my inquiry about their low self esteem, that their wives deliver the constant barrage of insults, and that the crowds are nothing in comparison. And so I guess I don't really care about umpires like I care about Brian K.

I'm glad that I worked that out.

So. I have a new cell phone. I was going through my ring tones--because the ring tone selection is of the utmost importance--and I discovered something exciting! Amongst Chamber Ensemble and Baroque Dream and Spring Sonate I found....Push It! Perfect! I love the person who made that happen.

That's all I have. Back to school in a week. Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. I have been preparing by doing comforting things, such as watching Spirited Away, reading the His Dark Material series, and baking with rhubarb.

I forgot to write about dragons. Brian Krakow was a dragon. Bianca, the sex doll from Lars and the Real Girl, was a dragon. Salt N Peppa were dragons, and maybe even Spinderella.

3 comments:

  1. Drunk blogging is the BEST. I can't believe you called Jordan Catalano just Jordon, though. I'm pretty sure there was never an instance in which he was referred to by just his first name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Dead Acorn is right... of course, AmandaB would know more than I... she has certainly watched more recently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just talking about this, Dead Acorn. He is not Jordan but JordanCatalano. Always.

    Also, I feel like I understand so much more about you now that I know that you watch MSCL.

    ReplyDelete